Kara’s – Behind the Scenes Guide to Creating a Vlog
Follow me in this step by step video guide and learn exactly how I edit our videos for YouTube
In case you didn’t find this course through our YouTube channel, allow me to quickly introduce myself. In January 2016, my husband and I moved out of our apartment, put all of our things in storage, and bought a one way ticket to Japan to start a trip that would turn into a three year adventure of full-time travel around the world.
Although we both had limited experience creating videos, during the first year we committed to capturing and sharing our adventure through daily(ish) videos on our newly created YouTube channel. We had no clue what we were doing when we first started out…
Fast Forward Two Years:
- We have created over 500 videos
- Our videos have received over 30 million views.
- Our YouTube channel has almost 200,000 subscribers.
- We won a Shorty Award for the best travel content creators on the internet.
- And we now make enough money from our YouTube channel to continue traveling full-time.
Trust me, this sounds as crazy to me as it does to you! I truly can’t believe the life we get to live because we started creating videos a couple years ago.
What You’ll Learn In This Course
The only program I have ever used to edit video is Adobe Premiere Pro. I personally think it’s the best video editing platform, but my opinion is obviously biased. Either way, I’ll be teaching you how to edit videos exclusively on Premiere Pro.
- Premiere Pro has thousands of features, and to be honest I don’t know how to use half of them. If you’re looking for a comprehensive guide to learning Premiere Pro, you’re in the wrong the place.
- However, if you like my editing style and you want to learn the step by step process I use to create the videos you see on YouTube, this course is for you!
- We publish a new video every other day (most of the time) while traveling full-time. I’m going to show you my workflow for efficiently creating beautiful videos without all of the unnecessary information you find in other tutorials.
- The outline below shows you the exact lessons you’ll be learning in the course.
Here’s what you’ll get:
- 1. Before You Begin
- 2. Organization
- 3. Creating a Timeline
- 4. Going Through the Footage (Round 1)
- 5. Speeding Up, Slowing Down, & “Time Lapses” (Round 2)
- 6. Adding Text/Titles
- 7. All Things Audio (Round 3)
- 8. Fixing Colors & Final Touch Ups (Round 4)
- 9. Rendering & Exporting
- 10. Uploading to YouTube/Thank You!
More courses from the same author: Kara’s